[Volunteers_fosm] Fell trees and install benches at Pine Flat PA, Wed., August. 24

Sam Beard samgbeard at msn.com
Sun Aug 21 16:05:40 MDT 2022

Hello Everyone,

On Wednesday, August 24, the FOSM project will be felling two large dead pine trees and installing new picnic table benches at Pine Flat Picnic Area. The diameters of the large dead pine trees are 21 inches and 24 inches. They are located near the entrance between some picnic tables and NM-337 highway. When we visited the site last week, Dan Benton and I found a dozen 4x12 picnic table benches that need to be replaced. Pressure treated 4x12 timbers are stored in the SRD Boneyard, and we will need a pickup to haul some of them to Pine Flat PA.

Meet at 8 am at the FOSM Guard Station behind the Ranger Station. Wear long pants, a long sleeve shirt, and boots with slip resistant soles. Bring a hard hat, eye and ear protection, snacks, drinks, lunch, and work gloves.

Please email me if you have questions.

Sam Beard, Projects Chair
Friends of the Sandia Mountains