[Volunteers_fosm] 18th Sandia Snowshoe Race

Joseph C. Giles cliffgiles at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 14:49:22 MST 2022

The FOSM team organizing this year’s Sandia Snowshoe Race did such a great job that by now most of you have seen KOB-TV features about the event or Sunday's full-page article in the Albuquerque Journal.

I’ve posted links to the videos and newspaper article on our webpage <https://friendsofthesandias.org/snowshoe-race/>. The 3-minute KOB video includes speaking appearances by our own Mike Madden, Dan Benton, Byron Garner, Anne Hickman, and Sam Beard as well as complimentary comments about the event and FOSM by Cibola National Forest Supervisor Steve Hattenbach, who participated in the race.

The webpage also includes over 200 photos taken by race marshals Dan Benton and Stefan Martin, Silke Bletzer’s compilation of the order of finish by the racers, and a link to my less-than-professional attempt at summarizing details about the race in a 6-minute video.

Thanks to the many of you who helped make the event a success. I’ve tried to recognize everyone at the end of the 6-minute video. I apologize to anyone I missed.

It was so much fun, let’s do it again next year!

Cliff Giles