[Volunteers_fosm] Meet Steve Stucker, May 24, 2023

Joseph C. Giles cliffgiles at mac.com
Mon Apr 10 09:44:37 MDT 2023

This message is especially for all you early risers out there. Regular viewers of KOB TV now that Steve Stucker recently retired from his early morning weatherman duties after 33 years. KOB 4 has been very supportive of FOSM including on-air reports about us and our activities including snowshoe events, Matt Thompson’s Watermelon 100 run, and construction of the Challenge Trail extension.

“Steve Stucker’s Thank You New Mexico Tour <https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/steve-stuckers-thank-you-new-mexico-tour-map-schedule-of-events/>” is KOB TV’s way of letting New Mexico say goodbye to Steve and Steve say thanks to New Mexico. As Steve visits locations throughout the state during April and May, live broadcasts will feature him discussing local issues with people of the state.
FOSM member and KOB TV Assignments Editor Mike Anderson wrote to Lou Romero:

…we have a very busy time planned for Stucker. I mentioned this date as one that the FOSM may want to participate.  Come on out and give the Sandias and Stucker a shout out.  Feel free to pass along to any and everyone, that we are inviting everyone to stop by on any of the days. But the one on May 24th is a “best” one.  Come talk about the summer trail work that is happening or even the more “mundane” things like basic trail maintenace.

Basically, we will be outside on the patio of Lantern Ridge. There will be four planned live shots, about 5:15a, 5:45a, 6:15a, and 6:45a.  If you have a quicker connection to our friends at the Sandia Ranger District, let them know we’d love to have them come talk about fire safety ahead of the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.

I’ve posted this information on the FOSM homepage <https://friendsofthesandias.org/> and will keep it there through the event.

Cliff Giles
FOSM VP