[Hhsband] Student Support

Gonzales, Josephine josephine.gonzales at aps.edu
Thu Sep 13 16:26:23 MDT 2018

Hello All,

As I'm sure most of you know by now the band has experienced a very emotionally charged and challenging day due to an incident involving a beloved Highland band alumni. As of now, he is in stable condition and we are continuing to be hopeful for a complete recovery.

Please know that there are many counselors and support staff at school who are available to talk to at any time. Additionally, I am always a phone call away for whatever anybody needs. I have attached a letter from our principal Mr. Harris that was sent home with some of our students today. Over the next couple weeks it is important that we as a community are there to help each other and make sure that everyone is receiving the support that they need. As always, I am here for anything that anybody needs.

Much love,

Josephine Gonzales
Director of Bands<http://highlandhighband.wordpress.com/>, Highland High School
(505) 400-4399
District VII High School Band VP
HHS Fine Arts Department Chair
New Mexico Music Educators Association, member