[Neighbors] Alcohol license at 400 Washington SE

lucille Torres via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Nov 7 10:15:01 MST 2019

 Thank you for your most welcome comments;Exposing children and young adults is a point well taken Dr. Yahne.  You have first hand knowledge on the impact of Alcohol on our youth.
I don't believe this restaurant is in the NH jurisdiction.  Gary can correct me.  But the NHNA continuously has requests for support of beer and wine licenses because of our proximity to Central.  We seem to have a record in the NHNA of supporting it as long as food is being served.  We have in some cases declined support or have taken a non recommendation stance because of massive opposition.
The  Eatery in Question has been in business for a while before moving into this area.  I know that the previous owners struggled to get a liquor license because of the proximity to the school.

 On another Note; The NHNA presented a Position Statement at Monday's City Council meeting. regarding The 7-11 on Central and Solano which has posed a significant threat to our public safety. The new resolution to remedy the situation passed unanimously this week in city council and believe this is the 1st step in letting businesses know that our community needs to be safe no matter what they are selling.
The NHNA is very dedicated to bringing back safety for all its residents.  And we are especially concerned about the safety of our youth.
Kind Regards,
Lucille Torres- LongPublic Safety Chair NHNA