[Neighbors] Getting Back To Work

lucille Torres ltadvisor at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 08:31:33 MDT 2020

 As a small business owner, I fear for extreme financial devastation to businesses.  I have put trust in our government officials both at the state and federal level to help us transition.There is now an inequitable situation where large box stores are able to open as essential and don't always enforce social distancing.  In the very near future, my hope is that our leadership in NM stops the financial bleeding and puts its trust on the small businesses to enforce protocols and guidelines for conducting business in their establishments.  The first part of healing in any situation is Awareness,  we are now very aware of how deadly this virus is and can take precautions.
As for my husband and I, we have been both distracted and cautious by the restoration of our jewelry store after  burglars stole trucks and used one to drive into our store.  We have taken above and beyond sanitary measures; have not allowed the trades to cross over, only allowing two people in our store at a time to work. We wear masks when we are on site and out in public and wipe down everything.
I want our government to put some faith back into the people, businesses and religious organizations and layout protocols we can all follow to keep us safe.  If large businesses can function, so can small businesses who have  deeper meaningful relationship with their customers and will have a greater investment in keeping customers, staff and themselves safe.
Be Well and stay safe!
Lucille