[Neighbors] IDO Amendment-11: Liquor Retail in the MX-M Zone

Dave Dixon ddixon at swcp.com
Mon Jun 22 18:11:00 MDT 2020

Dear Land Use, Planning, and Zoning Committee Members,

I heartily support Charlie Bennet's endorsement of amendment A-11. As a
long-term homeowner and resident in the Nob Hill neighborhood, I am
acutely aware that negative externalities of liquor retail are a
critical issue for all neighborhoods adjacent to the
Central-Lomas-Zuni-Lead-Coal corridor. The ability of citizens to
protect their neighborhoods from documented hazards is at the core of
zoning regulations. There is long-standing precedent for public safety
to supersede commercial preference - please respect that precedent in
this matter.

Thanks,

Dave Dixon