[Neighbors] Application for transfer of location of liquor license to 4200 Central Ave SE

kingkb kingkb at mail.swcp.com
Mon Jun 29 14:14:38 MDT 2020

Hi Gary and Neighbors,

I don't know a lot about business, but my
gut reaction is that I would strongly prefer to NOT have this type of
business at this address.

While they may have had no liquor citations,
it will be open too late and, from all appearances, be a nightclub.
"They want a new location" means Sidewinders, with large crowds, right
in our residential area. The problems with the other nightclub (nearer
the University) strongly suggests this is a wrong direction for our
neighborhood quality of living.

Thanks for the opportunity to give
input!

Karen King

On Jun 29 2020 1:46 PM, Gary and Melodie Eyster
via Neighbors_nobhill-nm wrote:

> Nob Hill Neighbors,
>
> Your
association received the attached notice of request for transfer of
liquor license location late last week. Hearing is July 8.

> When we
receive these we send them to our email list to gather input. When input
is neutral or positive we generally don't develop an association
position. When neighbors express questions or concerns we seek the
information. If there is strong concern, we call a special board meeting
to explore developing an association position.

> I called the agent,
Kyla Stoker. She said the operators of the business are Michael Burdick
and Renato Burdick. They operated the Sidewinder's business on Central
east of Wyoming starting in 2017. She said they did not receive any
alcohol service citations. They wanted a new location.

> She
provided the attached menu which they are now serving at 4200 Central
Ave. with no alcohol.

> She said current hours are noon-9 pm. Once
allowed by governmental authorities they will be open noon-2am. (She
said hours of operation are not part of the liquor license transfer of
location.)

> Feel free to call Ms. Stoker. I told her about our
email list so she may address questions here on the email list.

Feel free to provide written comments to the hearing officer or attend
the hearing whether the association takes a position or not.

> Kind
regards,

> _GARY EYSTER_
>
> _President, Nob Hill Neighborhood