[Neighbors] Foxtails

abqcleve abqcleve at comcast.net
Mon May 4 19:34:02 MDT 2020

They’ve become a hideous nuisance. I accused my vet—jokingly—of spreading them a couple of years ago. He wasn’t amused. You have three choices:

1) pull them out by their roots (what I do but it’s never ending because their seeds are wind blown)

2) vinegar: According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, vinegar kills green foxtail, especially when the weed is young. During the first two weeks after green foxtail emerges, pour or spray a 5- to 10-percent vinegar solution on the weed. Household distilled white vinegar typically is a 5-percent solution.

3) glyphosate: ‘nuff said—still won’t eliminate because new seeds will fly in.

must be climate change—never saw these before a few years ago.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone