[Neighbors] Advent at Monte Vista Christian Church

Rev. Dr. Dawn Rosignol revdawn at montevista.org
Mon Nov 16 14:45:50 MST 2020

Dearest Nob Hill neighbors,

We at Monte Vista Christian Church continue to pray for you, for all who
are struggling through this difficult time of persistent multiple
crises, and for healing and wholeness. We are here to be of assistance to
our neighbors as needed.

Thank you to everyone who responded to our invitation to contribute to the
emergency winter collection last month. You made a tremendous difference in
the lives of those who are most at-risk of being unhoused and even death in
the freezing temperatures. We will continue to receive collections of
blankets, sleeping bags, coats, hoodies, new athletic socks, facemasks,
etc. through the winter. With the ongoing threat of Covid, our church
office is only open for a few hours of a few days of the week. Scott, our
onsite security presence, lives in our little house on the church property,
at the corner of Campus & Berkeley. Please let me know if you'd like to
drop off donations and I can be sure Scott or someone else will be
available to meet you there.

We are doing our part to reduce the risk of spread of the virus, seeking to
protect people's health and well-being, so we continue with no in-person
gatherings during Covid. We know being church means loving our neighbor by
not putting people at risk. Our worship services are at 10:30am every
Sunday morning, participatory on Zoom and livestreamed to our VistaStream
<http://montevista.org/vistastream> YouTube channel for realtime or later
viewing and on our Monte Vista CC <http://facebook.com/montevistaabq>
Facebook page for later viewing. The worship packet is available for
download each Friday afternoon prior to that Sunday's service.

Additionally, because these upcoming holidays will come in the most trying
of times and be experienced in like none other, we are hosting an Advent
study on Zoom from a book entitled "A Weary World" and want to extend the
invitation to all of you to join in. There are daily readings that begin on
November 29th, the First Sunday of Advent, and suggested activities for
each week. For an opportunity to reflect and discuss that week's readings
and activities, we'll meet on Zoom at 3:00pm each Sunday afternoon
beginning Dec. 6th, the Second Sunday of Advent. Here is a link to the
book: A Weary World by Kathy Escobar
<https://www.amazon.com/Weary-World-Reflections-Blue-Christmas/dp/0664266932/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SJEGMGFZH6G&dchild=1&keywords=a+weary+world&qid=1605561695&sprefix=a+weary+world%2Caps%2C216&sr=8-1>.
Let me know if you'd like to participate so I can send you the Zoom link.
The book is available in print or electronic formats.

Please let me know if you have any questions, need any assistance, would
like to share prayer concerns, need a pastor to visit with, or drop off
donations. We are here to continue being church in these unprecedented
times, adapting as needed to the changing situation of our society.

Blessings of hope and light,
Rev. Dawn

Dr. Dawn Rosignol, DMin, MDiv, MTS *

*Senior Minister   *   pronouns: she/her/hers*

*Monte Vista Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)*

*(505) 268-3365   *   **revdawn at montevista.org <revdawn at montevista.org>*

*3501 Campus Blvd. NE * Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106*

*montevista.org* <http://montevista.org/>*   *   An Open & Affirming
Congregation*

*Where Heart & Intellect Intersect with Christ*