[Neighbors] Nob Hill Awards NM Register of Cultural Places Plaques

Gary and Melodie Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Tue Oct 13 14:47:37 MDT 2020

In the Fall Nob Hill Newsletter you read that Nob Hill Neighborhood
Association planned a drawing to donate $285 to purchase a New Mexico
Register of Cultural Places plaque for a qualifying building in Nob Hill. In
its 4th year, the initiative honors David Kammer, Nob Hilleño and
architectural historian, who was instrumental in listing the Monte Vista and
College View Historic District in the New Mexico and National Registers.

We conducted the drawing at our neighborhood board meeting last week. Thanks
to an anonymous donor we are able to award a second plaque. The lucky
winners are 1) Joanna Kelsey and 2) Jason and Amy Maxwell.

702 of the 859 buildings (predominantly houses) in the Monte Vista and
College View Historic District are eligible to display a plaque. You can
purchase a plaque from the NM Historical Society. We can advise. If you are
involved in the NM 50% tax credit for renovation of historic buildings
explore including a plaque in your tax credit project.

If you’re not in the Monte Vista and College View Historic District you
might be interested in an effort the association is making to explore
getting other districts in Nob Hill listed. If additional districts can be
listed many more houses would qualify to display plaques and claim 50% tax
credits for qualifying rehabilitation.

To look into any of these matters email  <mailto:theboard at nobhill-nm.com>
theboard at nobhill-nm.com and see
<https://rediscovernobhill.com/nm-and-national-register-of-historic-places/>
https://rediscovernobhill.com/nm-and-national-register-of-historic-places/

Thanks to Nob Hilleño Spencer Nelson you can see the 32 current Nob Hill
plaques at
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/99837206@N05/sets/72157665574498565/>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99837206@N05/sets/72157665574498565/

#VivaNobHill

Gary Eyster, President, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association