[Neighbors] Coal/Lead traffic issues

Mark McCart mark.mccart at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 16:47:04 MST 2021

I'm relatively new to ABQ, so this might be a dumb question, but are speeding or red light ticket cameras legal in NM?
Several years ago in AZ, I got such a ticket.  I came in the mail about a week after the event, with very clear time stamped pictures of my license plate and me behind the steering wheel.  The "oh, s**t" look on my face was definitely not priceless.
This, along with multiple 30 mph signs on every block along both streets, seems to be a better solution than the speed-sensitive lights that another resident recently researched and concluded wouldn't work here.
Let's nail the offenders without punishing the vast majority of folks who obey the signs.