[Neighbors] High & Dry Conditional Use Submission at 201 Hermosa Dr NE

Stephen F Sehi-Smith sehi-smith at att.net
Wed Jul 21 22:37:07 MDT 2021

Hi Neighbors:
I have additional information regarding the offstreet parking requirement at 201 Hermosa Dr NE, where High & Dry Brewing has proposed their conditional use for the property. According to City of Albuquerque Planning Manager Petra Morris, parking requirements for buildings constructed prior to 1965 are waived, but any additions or alterations are required to meet City parking requirements. The outdoor seating is considered an alteration to the existing building.

Per Table 5-5-1 Minimum Off-street Parking Requirements in the IDO, a Tap room or tasting room would require 8 spaces / 1,000 SF GFA or, in this case, since it is near public transportation, it would require 5 spaces / 1,000 SF GFA. Based on my calculation of the outdoor seating of about 1,100 SF, this project would require an additional 5 off-street spaces.
I have shared this information with Consensus Planning in a separate email, asking them to address this issue at the August 2 meeting.
Best regards, Stephen Smith 204 Hermosa Dr NE
sehi-smith at att.net