[Neighbors] Follow up on Research Project on Historic Districts in Nob Hill with special guest Professor Steven Moffson

Melodie Eyster meyster1 at me.com
Mon Mar 1 09:51:47 MST 2021

I would like express warm thanks to Professor Steven Moffson and students in
his course on Historic Preservation at the UNM School of Architecture and
Planning for the great presentation last Monday on their project to research
and document three historic neighborhoods of Nob Hill; 1916 University
Heights, 1925 Granada Heights, and 1945 Broadmoor.

Over 40 Nob Hilleños turned out to hear about the project and see how to
participate. One thing you can do is to get the word out about the project
to your neighbors. They can then watch for the students who will be walking
throughout the area gathering date and photos.

Another thing, if you or a neighbor have photos (structures, people, more),
plans, documents about any of the houses in the area please reach out to
Professor Moffson. These would be very useful in their work. His email is
<mailto:Steven.Moffson at state.nm.us> Steven.Moffson at state.nm.us.

Steven indicated that when the project is complete in May he will again
address the community to present the findings and to explore possible follow
on work if the community desires it.

He has provided a digital file with the slides he used at our meeting. I am
not attaching it because it is large. If you would like it let me know. I
understand it will only be available for a few days, at least initially.

Big thanks to our Chair, Historic Preservation Committee, Shani Madden for
organizing this work and to neighbors working with her. Please reach out to
her with questions and ideas at  <mailto:shanikm at me.com> shanikm at me.com

#VivaNobHill

Gary Eyster

President, Nob Hill Neighborhood Association

(505)991-1388

 <mailto:meyster1 at me.com> meyster1 at me.com