[Neighbors] NM Redistricting

Mary Henrie Smith maryhenrie at msn.com
Sun Sep 26 17:27:10 MDT 2021

As the New Mexico Citizen Redistricting Committee moves forward with its work to submit redrawn congressional, legislative and Public Education Commission districts to the legislature, please take a look at the CRC website and its proposed maps and public testimony. There are five (5) proposed maps for state house districts that impact the Nob Hill area. Additionally, there are seven (7) congressional maps, three (3) state senate maps and three (3) PEC maps.

https://www.nmredistricting.org/

>From September 28 through October 8, the CRC will hold another round of meetings around the state to hear public testimony on the proposed maps. You can also submit written testimony on the CRC website. On October 15, the CRC will adopt those maps it will then submit to the legislature for its review and action. A legislative special session to adopt district maps for the next ten years will likely be held in December.

In 2012, Nob Hill was split into two (2) state house districts. Fair redistricting is critical to our democracy, and as residents and voters, Nob Hill's voice must be heard. While I have submitted written testimony proposing Nob Hill as a Community of Interest (COI) that should be kept intact, you may feel differently. That's democracy.

Thank you.

Mary H Smith
Nob Hill neighbor