[Neighbors] Parking just one victim of the "anti-auto" faction

Jean Bernstein JBernstein at flyingstarcafe.com
Sat Apr 16 10:00:18 MDT 2022

J, All,
Great observations, suggestions about the district’s parking.

A number of years ago, a CABQ Zoning Hearing Examiner told me to think of the City as a massive, blind elephant that only makes moves based on which direction it feels poking from. Since then, think of how many different Mayors, Councilors, various officials of different political affiliations and transportation ideologies have been in charge of our district’s future.
Why I started writing again was to hopefully get the residents and businesses meeting and organizing around positive decisions ahead of the City’s knee jerk (re)actions. What I’ve seen is skirmishes conducted online which lead to NO action - ever.

But In the end, the ones that get what they want have worked quietly behind the scenes and we only find out about what they engineered after it’s done.

This influx of new businesses and housing present a great opportunity for upgrade to the area. Almost all of these projects are high dollar and the developers behind them are quality operators - let’s support them and use this opportunity to find ways to enhance our district!

Jean

Sent from my iPhone