[Neighbors] "Poverty, By America" Study Invitation

Monte Vista office at montevista.org
Mon Sep 11 15:40:36 MDT 2023

POVERTY, BY AMERICA
More Than JUST a BOOK STUDY

You are invited to a community book study at Monte Vista Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)!

The goals for the church’s Social Justice Ministry this year are: LEARN … DISCUSS … ACT!  Please come join us to learn something from this book, discuss what we think and then figure out something we can do about it!

The book: Poverty, By America, authored by Matthew Desmond, a recent release, gives a sociological understanding of poverty and its endemic hold in the US, its causes, and ideas for ending poverty with suggestions for individuals and social justice activists.

Time: Tuesdays at 6:30pm
Dates: September 26; October 3, 24, 31; November 7, 21
Location: MVCC Library and Zoom

Books may be purchased at any bookseller (list price $28).

If you wish to support our neighborhood connection, you can purchase through Organic Books (111 Carlisle) in Nob Hill: 505-553-3823.

Please contact the church office if you'd like to join by Zoom. (mailto:office at montevista.org) We'll get you the link.

Monte Vista Christian Church is located at 3501 Campus Blvd NE. The parking lot entrance is at the intersection of Grand & Berkeley.

If you have any questions you may call, text, or email Charlotte Hoppe: 505-231-0986, mailto:choppe3500 at gmail.com

Lynn Chalfoun (she/her)

Administrative Assistant

Monte Vista Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)

3501 Campus Blvd, NE

Albuquerque, NM 87106

505-268-3365

Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm (closed noon-1pm); Friday 8:30am-12:30pm

http://montevista.org/

Where Heart & Intellect Intersect with Christ