[Neighbors] new intersection circles on Garfield

bluet-78504 at mypacks.net bluet-78504 at mypacks.net
Mon Mar 11 18:38:50 MDT 2024

All,
I may have missed earlier discussions. Were neighbors notified by CABQ of the installation of the speed humps and the replacement of some stop signs on Garfield at Richmond and at Amherst?
The new low-profile circles mimic traffic circles but are not in a large enough intersection for drivers to see other vehicles "in the circle" in order to yield right-of-way. I've had numerous near misses already due to vehicles just driving straight through the circle.I read that BernCo has removed some circles due to their negative impact on traffic safety.
Earlier I requested stop line bars be re-striped after Garfield was resurfaced but received no response.

JS