[Rdhs_class1961] Class of '61 News

Robert A. Fisher bob at rafisher.com
Mon Nov 18 13:43:18 MST 2019

To send messages, comments, or announcements to Bob Fisher, please use bobfisher13 at gmail.com

≈≈≈≈ ANNOUNCEMENT #1 Don Ketcham Died last Week  ≈≈≈≈

This is very sad news for me, since Don and I were very close friends in High School and in Scouting.  It is sad that although we had spoken since by phone, we have never seen each other since RDHS graduation.   Bob Fisher

	SJP News 11-13-19 Special Announcement

Donald Barry Ketcham (Don), 76, of St. James, NC, passed away peacefully November 12, 2019 after a brief illness. Don was born November 11, 1943 in Hackensack, NJ to Frederick Gordon and Dorothy Adele (Barry) Ketcham. He graduated from Bucknell University in 1965 as a successful collegiate diver. Don worked at Rexall and IBM before starting Target Telecom with a partner in 1984. In 1992, they split and Don started TELE Concepts, a successful telecom consulting firm that continued until his death.

Don was an avid boater for most of his life, holding executive positions in the Barnegat Bay Power Boat Racing Association, Power Squadron and Green Island Yacht Club for many, many years. He was also a regular golfer, though not very good, and loved to dance with Joyce. He was a devout forwarder of mostly political emails.

His greatest achievement was raising his four children single-handedly. We still don't know how he did it but he ran a company and somehow kept four kids fed, clothed and sent them all to college. And he gave them the love and support needed in order to become kind, loving, successful people on their own.

He is survived by his long-time love and companion, Joyce Phillips of St. James, NC; his sweet dog Maggie; a daughter Carolyn and Bill Scharfenberg of Point Pleasant, NJ; a son Jeff and Jennifer Ketcham of Clayton, NC; a son, Brian and Kara Ketcham of Toms River, N.J.; a son Brad and Laura Ketcham of Wilmington, NC; a daughter-in-law Stacey and Beasley Nelson; and a sister Janet and Chris Pike of Toms River, NJ. He has nine grandchildren.

Services will be private. In lieu of flowers, please raise a glass to our Dad.

Written by his children and submitted by his friend Beth Nilsen.

email: justjudy230 at gmail.com <mailto:justjudy230 at gmail.com>
phone: 732-740-3048

Condolences to:

			The Donald Ketchum Family
			3693 Wingfoot Drive
			Southport, NC 28461

≈≈≈≈ ANNOUNCEMENT #2 Gay Neubert Died 10 days ago  ≈≈≈≈
This is very sad news for me, since Gay and I worked together on the instruction portion of his RDHS photographic website.  It was a great pleasure working with him.  I now wonder if we can recover the photographs.   Bob Fisher

Gerhardt {we knew him as Gay} M. Neubert passed away in Suwanee, Ga. where he and his wife, Susan {Susan Morey of our class} had been living for the past 20 years. Gay was born on August 27, 1943 in Jersey City, N.J. and died on November 8, 2019 after a brief illness.

Gay was a U.S. Army Veteran and was the recipient of the Bronze Star for his service in Vietnam. He will be inurned, in a niche, during a private service at the Georgia National Cemetery, Canton, Ga.

Gay had a long and very successful career managing his software company.

He is survived by his wife, Susan, 2 sons, Brian and Chris, their wives, 4 grandchildren, Ella, Chase, Lucas, Penelope and two brothers, Edward and Kevin

Condolences can be sent to Susan’s current address:

					Susan Neubert
					Phoenix at James Creek
					90 Ruth Lane Room 211
					Cumming, Ga. 30041-1500S

 Submitted with sadness by Doug Railo RDHS class 1961

≈≈≈≈To be removed from Bob Fisher’s e-mailing list ≈≈≈≈
You are being sent this announcement e-mail because you asked to be on my (Bob Fisher's) e-mailing list for news relevant for the River Dell High School Class of 1961.  To stop receiving these e-mails, just e-mail bob at rafisher.com <mailto:bob at rafisher.com>  and enter the word "Remove" in the subject line.