[NMCycling] Bike racing (European, etc) on TV....options?

Craig Denman via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Aug 3 09:40:40 MDT 2014

It did not take much time after sending my last email that I realized that I had forgotten to list BEIN sports (also available with "sports package").  BEIN sports covers the stage races and the big tours -- together with USN they cover a lot of racing.

I set up "cycling" as a search term in the DVR to "record all" and it records everything that is cycling.

With the Slingbox, you need to have the model 350 and not the HD model.  The HD model uses a HDMI cable that enforces the Digital Rights Management (DRM), which means that it will not let you stream anything since Directv considers it proprietary.  But if you have the Slingbox350, it uses RGB cables (up to 720p resolution) and, hence, no DRM restriction -- you can stream "HD" anytime and anywhere:  smartphone, tablet, laptop, GoogleTV, etc.  You can also use a Netgear Miracast doggle (or Google Chromecast) to stream to any TV wirelessly.  Works with iOS, Android, Linux, OSX, and Windows.

Craig