[NMCycling] women's cycling shoes question

Carolyn Donnelly via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Jun 13 10:50:41 MDT 2014

I've generally found women's shoes to be of lesser quality than men's shoes, whether cycling shoes or running shoes or whatever. I've never used "women's" cycling shoes, and if I could find men's hiking boots that fit me, I'd buy those over the women's version. Often, calling something a women's version is a marketing gimmick -- charge the same or more than the men's version and make it of lesser quality...don't get me started.

So, I'd suggest she go to a men's cycling shoe if it fits her. My foot is fairly narrow and I've never had a problem with "men's" cycling shoes. I'm currently using Shimano, and I've not had a lot of luck with Diadora.

Carolyn