[NMCycling] Fwd: Fwd: Look for this vehicle!

David Porter via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Jun 14 11:49:11 MDT 2014

haven't seen this posted here yet..
you all have my permission to kick this drivers ass...
dp

    *BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR:*
    Witnesses weren't able to get a license plate number. But they
    describe the SUV as a dark green, faded Isuzu Rodeo. There was
    plastic over the back window with a hole for the driver to see out
    of. Deputies said there was also a ‘NOTW’ bumper sticker on the
    back, which stands for ‘Not Of This World.’
    If you have any information about the vehicle or the driver that hit
    Rivers, call the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office at 505-798-7000.
    *Full story from KOB news 4 website:*
    /Created: 06/12/2014 5:23 PM////
    /By: Kai Porter, KOB Eyewitness News 4//
    A witness believes a hit-and-run crash that nearly killed an
    Albuquerque music teacher who was riding her bike was intentional.
    The witness, who was also on a bike, said the same SUV that hit the
    woman also tried to run her off the road.
    Barbara Rivers is recovering at UNM hospital from a long list of
    injuries including bleeding in her brain, a broken ankle and severe
    road rash. But her husband, Thom Stein, said she's expected to make
    a full recovery.
    "Had she not been wearing a helmet she most certainly would have
    died," he said.
    Rivers is a well-known music teacher for APS and also an avid cyclist.
    "She's a competent, conscientious cyclist,” said Stein. “She was
    just out there on a beautiful day having a good time."
    Saturday morning an SUV hit Rivers as she rode her bike through this
    round-about at 4th Street NW and Roy Avenue. The driver didn't stop.
    Another cyclist found Rivers unconscious in the middle of the road.
    “To me, it was an intentional hit and run,” said Roni Gibbons, who
    called 911 and stayed with Rivers until paramedics arrived.
    Gibbons said the same SUV honked at her and swerved into the bike
    lane just moments before hitting Rivers. She said the SUV went up on
    two wheels when it turned into the round-about.
    "There was a cyclist further east of her that says they had done the
    same thing to him,” she said. “And when they got to me they harassed
    me. They got to her and they actually hit her.”
    At this point, investigators aren't considering the crash
    intentional. Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Deputies said it's more
    likely the driver was speeding and lost control.
    Stein has a strong message for whoever was behind the wheel.
    "I need them to think about what they're doing, why they're doing
    it, and whose lives are truly affected by this,” he said. “They're
    careless and senseless. Maybe it was for fun. I need them to know
    that they're affecting more than just their good time afternoon.
    They're affecting people's lives."
    Witnesses weren't able to get a license plate number. But they
    describe the SUV as a dark green, faded Isuzu Rodeo. There was
    plastic over the back window with a hole for the driver to see out
    of. Deputies said there was also a ‘NOTW’ bumper sticker on the
    back, which stands for ‘Not Of This World.’
    If you have any information about the vehicle or the driver that hit
    Rivers, call the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office at 505-798-7000.
    ABQ Journal Published 6/10/2014—Another hit and run.
    A cyclist is in critical condition with severe injuries after a
    hit-and-run crash in the east mountain area of Bernalillo County on
    Saturday.
    The man was hit by a vehicle at about 7 p.m. near the county line.
    The vehicle left the scene of the crash and a passerby found the
    cyclist and called 911, according to a Bernalillo Count Sheriff’s
    Office news release.
    The man has severe head and leg injuries, according to the BCSO.
    The suspect may be driving a 1990′s model Ford truck. Anyone with
    information is asked to call investigators at 505-798-7000.