[NMCycling] Road tubeless

Jens Nielsen via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Jun 27 07:31:47 MDT 2014

I have the Hutchinson Sector 28c on my Stan's tubeless road wheels. They are my go-to training tire, and they work great on pavement and dirt roads, nice and comfortable. They are actually lighter than last year's Intensive 2. The Sector 28c is something like 280g each.
For my race tire I have Hutchinson Atom Galactic 23c, which is lighter ~230g, but also stiffer and less comfortable.
The great think about tubeless road tires is the fewer flats. In almost two years of riding tubeless road, I have flatted once which was due to a tire starting to de-laminate. I live in Durango, so goat-heads is not an issue, but with some sealant goat-heads should not be an issue either.

I hope this helps,

Jens