[NMCycling] Post-ride Party

Jennifer Buntz via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Jun 30 11:53:27 MDT 2014

   1. There is a 3-day weekend coming up.
   2. Taos is a great spot for a weekend getaway
   3. Temperatures in the Albuquerque metro area are above normal, while
   just their usual HOT further south.
   4. Weather outlook for Taos: highs in the mid 80s for the next 7-10 days.

To put all these factors all these factors, join us on Saturday, July 5 for
the *Gran Fondo :Taos, Mora, Angel Fire. *
<http://taossportsalliance.com/bicycling/>

Click Here <http://nmcycling.org/?action=RidePage&id=37> for a map, profile
and GPS info

The post-ride party for this cycling event will be at the Taos Mesa Brewing
<http://www.taosmesabrewing.com/>

The ride will have 5 rest stops for the full distance, roving sag support
and everyone will get a groovy t-shirt.  All proceeds go to the Taos Sports
Alliance, a non-profit bringing sporting opportunities to residents of Taos
County.

This weekend get-away isn't just for cycling either.  There is something
for young, old, cyclist and non-cyclists alike this weekend in Taos.  For
example, from http://taoswebb.com/

> The Arroyo Seco 4th of July Parade is a procession of horses, politicians,
> kids, clowns, farmers, fire trucks and free spirits. All the diversity of
> Taos County melds together and strolls through this funky village nine
> miles north of Taos, beginning at high noon (12pm)!

OR

Red River is the perfect place for families and no time is this more
> obvious than during the annual 4th of July Parade & Celebration! The day
> begins at 10 a.m. with the largest parade in northern New Mexico, followed
> by a full day of family-friendly activities all over town.

OR

Celebrate the 4th, Starting at 2 pm with of July in Taos Ski Valley in true
> Mountain Fashion. Get here early to greet our village parade led by Jean
> Mayer, founder of the St Bernard Hotel and a pioneer of Taos Ski Valley.
> Cheer on the colorful floats as they make it through the village streets.
> Local ski patrollers, EMS, Village Staff, TSV Staff and Residents are all
> challenged to create the most hilarious contraptions to be in the parade
> and win the coveted 4th of July "Float of the Year" Trophy.  Followed by
> music, food and fun in the Ski Valley all afternoon.

AND

Taos annually hosts an hour-long annual professional fireworks display at
> the Salazar Road Extension, put on by the Town of Taos Volunteer Fire
> Department. This prime location allows the show to be seen throughout the
> area. Fireworks launch once the sky is fully dark, usually around 9:15 pm.

Well, you get the idea.  A little web-surfing will reveal many more fun
things to do this weekend in the Taos area!  And for some fun with your
other bicycle, check out

https://www.skitaos.org/page/biking
http://www.ridenorthside.com/mountain-biking.htm

or similar for some mountain biking adventures for Friday or Sunday.

Don't forget that Taos has great restaurants and places to stay too.
http://taos.org/ has even more area info.

SO

Join us this weekend; bring the whole family, friends or come solo to enjoy
some of what the Taos area on tap.

Jennifer Buntz