[NMCycling] Taos Cycling Weekend Specifics!

Michael McCalla via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Oct 8 20:51:18 MDT 2014

Hi Everybody,
Hope you can make one or both days!  Here are some updates, I've included the information from the previous email below the update:
One BIG change, meet snd drop off your bags at NMBikeNSport instead of Dulce at 9:30!  I will stay with the bags until we can get the shop open, I promise.  Karen Drysdale has generously offered to drive bags up to Taos.  Bag pick-up will be at the Kachina Lodge in Taos between 2:30-3:00 pm(when Karen gets there!).  If you aren't staying with walking distance, I strongly recommend that you bring a backpack so that you can transport your things on your bike, as I will be doing.  Anybody who is time-crunched and needs a ride back should be able to get one Sunday morning.
The plan for Saturday is to re-group/stop for food/fluids in Truchas, and then have dinner later!  Here's the schedule:
Saturday:   Meet at NMBIKENSPORT for a 78ish mile ride from Santa Fe to Taos via the high road.  We will take Old Taos/285 frontage road, and ride through Chimayo instead of going through the dog-infested territory of Cundiyo.  There is a small store in Truchas at 37-38 miles and some more stores in Penasco at mile 52-53.  Plan on 4:30-5:00 ride time, plus a little time for stopping, arrving in Taos at 2:30-3:00pm.
9:30 Early start for riders that want more time to get up the hill to Truchas10:00 Later start for those that want to hurry up the big hill!   12ish Regroup in Truchas2:30-4:00:  Check into hotels, shower?4:00-7:00: Early drinks/dinner at Eske's Brewpub
Sunday:  On your own schedule, pick one of the following options:
1.  Ride back to Santa Fe on the high road!2.  Ride the South Enchanted loop(103 miles, the route for Taos Gran Fondo and my favorite road loop in northern NM), and get a ride back to Santa Fe(I will have room if you want to take this option).3.  Ride South Boundary on the mountain bike with me and a few others4.  Just get a ride back home!
Call me @ (406) 381-2690 with any questions.
Mike