[NMCycling] fatbikes

Dave K via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Sep 28 14:36:14 MDT 2014

My brother in law just got one of these and I'd like to his wheels to
tubeless.  I found a utube that indicated all you need to do is run fat
Gorilla tape around the rim  and  replace the valve.  Has anybody done
this or have other preferred methods?

Also, if you do go tubeless, what are people carrying for trail flat
fixing, good god, what do you have to use to inflate that tire if you're
out in the tooleys?

Finally, the rear hub is too wide to fit in my Park TS-2 truing stand
and I am wondering what are people using to maintain these wheels, other
than just rough truing them on the bike?

By removing the tire, I could get the front wheel in the stand and the
jaws opened wide enough to true it but it was impossible with the rear.

Suggestions?