[NMCycling] Fwd: Ride Across New Mexico

Steve Mathias via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Apr 9 07:38:50 MDT 2015

For anyone interested...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Ride Across New Mexico
Date: 	Wed, 08 Apr 2015 15:51:08 -0700
From: 	Todd Nelson <tnelson654 at yahoo.com>
To: 	smathias at nmcycling.org

Dear NMcycling.org,

I am friends with people associated with Heart Across America
<http://www.heartacrossamerica.org> (part of the American Heart
Association).  They are riding across the country to raise awareness
about stroke prevention.  They started in California on Mar. 22nd and
will finish in New York on June 15th.  Next week, they will be riding
through New Mexico.

I know Intel has a big presence in New Mexico, so perhaps you've heard
of this ride.  Sean Maloney, the main guy behind this ride, was a senior
VP at Intel before he had a stroke.  Sean was riding, but he crashed
badly near San Diego and is in the hospital.  My friend, Dave, is still
riding.

I'm hoping to convince a few long-distance cyclists to join the ride and
keep Dave company.  Even some casual cyclists new Albuquerque would be
great!

The daily ride details are listed on this Google doc
<https://docs.google.com/a/linear.com/spreadsheets/d/18P-Aku6_EWsMB4ew6tIFpFw4Xs9d8alHrgj-TQ-JcVY/pubhtml?gid=1600367802&single=true>.
Anyone can sign-up at http://www.heartacrossamerica.org/sign-up

I hope you can help spread the word or tell me where I might post something.

Todd Nelson