[NMCycling] Double Eagle TT series Important information

Jeff Huser via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Aug 17 15:41:07 MDT 2015

This year in particular, there is a big increase in the number of riders at
the TT series and in an attempt to improve the experience, we are making the
following changes for the 3rd and final race in the TT series.

Subject: Change to Start Procedure DE TT Series #3

In order to cut down on the amount of time riders are standing in line
cooling down before their time trial start, we are instituting a new start
procedure. After checking in WITH your number at registration, go north to
the water table and pick your start time. Times available are from 08:31:00
to 09:44:30.  Yes, you will be able to decide what time you will start from
the list of available start times. First come, first served. It would be a
good idea to take note of the numbers of the 2 riders preceding you so as to
help facilitate lining up in correct order. Once you have selected a start
time, please do not attempt to switch with anyone else or come back and
change it.  This will only lead to more than the usual chaos and may
jeopardize other riders getting started in the correct order.

Pick only one start time slot, if you are planning a second run, you must
pick a second start time AFTER completion of your first run. If you have a
mechanical or DNF, return to the start area and pick a new time from any
available slots.

Please come to the start area at least 3 minutes before your selected time
so we can keep everyone in order. If you miss your start time, the clock
will start without you.  Just like at state championships, nationals and
most other TT events. If you are late, you must come to the line, stop
briefly, and put one foot down before starting.

If you wish to ride a second time you may do so on a space available basis.
After your first ride, please come to the start area and select an open time
if any are left.

While this is a significant change in our process, we anticipate it will
allow you to have the correctly timed warm-up for your race.

Again in summary:

1.       Come to registration table  to check in ( if preregistered) or
register

2.       Proceed to North table to select a start time, and remember it or
write it down.

3.       Be at the start line 3 minutes before your selected start time.

4.       A staging volunteer will  help line everyone up in  start order, be
attentive.

5.       If you are late and miss your start, you must  still stop at start
line, put one foot down before starting.

6.       After completion of your first run, you may then sign up for a
second run as available time slots permit.

7.       If you DNF return quickly to the start area and pick a time for a
restart on a space available basis.

Being preregistered will help smooth out the process and for race #3  the
cost to  preregistered riders is $20, without any additional USAC fees
tacked on.   A full $10 savings over same day registration.

Juniors holding an annual USAC license race at no charge.

Register at:

https://www.usacycling.org/register/2015-1961

Hope to see you Sunday!

Jeff Huser