[NMCycling] Play a part - Get involved

Jeff Huser via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Aug 31 12:12:18 MDT 2016

Bike racing is tons of fun for sure and has many side benefits like health
and fitness, team camaraderie, social interactions, and the glory of victory
(or at least beating your friend) not to mention justification for a new and
usually expensive toy.  So how can we assure that high quality, well run and
reasonably priced local events happen? One way is to get involved in
officiating.  Yes, you  do have to give up a couple races a year, but with
almost a 52 week race schedule could you find a couple events to help out
with and still be a racer? Of course!

Those of you  with race experience are well positioned to be valuable assets
to putting on well run events and can also reduce costs to your team who
might be footing the bill for event expenses.

If we can get at least 5 individuals interested right now, Pamela has agreed
to organize an officials clinic, sometime in Sept, probably on a Saturday.
Please contact her if you or a significant other or friend is interested.
She will also have  part of the session dedicated to going over cyclocross
rules open to non-officials as well.   Pamala Thullen
pamalanmcycling at gmail.com

"..You either have to be part of the solution or you're going to be part of
the problem." - Eldridge Cleaver

Happy pedaling

Jeff