[NMCycling] Keep your eyes out

varnasi941--- via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Feb 2 09:45:31 MST 2016

Obviously, there's no magic bullet to stop these kinds of crimes. The
neighborhood I live in was pretty hard hit last year with all kinds of
break-ins. But, we have had good results with our neighborhood watch.
It turns out that myneighborhood actually has a listserve (like this)
where people can communicate and report suspicious activity. License
plates and descriptions of suspicious vehicles are noted, shared and
reported to the police. One perp was apprehended and the number of
break-ins has dropped dramatically. So, it's worth considering.
Here's a link that might be helpful...

https://www.cabq.gov/police/crime-prevention-safety/starting-a-neighborhood-watch

On 2/1/2016 at 5:28 PM, "Matt via Bike-racers"  wrote:I have heard
that one of the people that had bikes stolen, found 3 of them in a
shop in Mexico. He doesn't think there would be anyway to get them
back, other than going down and buying them back. Maybe the crooks
find a house or shop that has enough bikes to get at once, stake out
the place, then grab them and head for the border and sell them to a
shop. Wait a bit, then repeat.
Matt.