[NMCycling] XC Ski Events

Clay Moseley via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Jan 8 10:41:05 MST 2016

If anyone is interested, we have our annual...and *FREE*... *Resolution
Race* cross country ski event here in Los Alamos, on the Canada Bonita
Nordic trails (at the far end of the Pajarito Mountain parking lot).  There
will be 15km and 10km distances (freestyle - skate or classic) for adults,
and the kids races will range from about 500m to 3km (on a loop).  Adult
races begin promptly at 10am (remember to come a bit early to sign up and
warm up), and the kids events will loosely begin around noon.

Conditions are spectacular!

Other events coming up include the venerable *Chama Chile Ski Classic*,
which is a whole holiday winter festival of events, including all sorts of
cross country and backcountry ski events, snowshoe events, and even a FAT
BIKE event on the Monday holiday (Martin Luther King Jr. holiday).  See:

http://www.skichama.com/    for more information.

Who knows, I may even get my butt on one of those ridiculous bikes and race
in the fat bike race.  I spend WAY more hours grooming the course than
being able to enjoy it, so I might have to do something to take advantage
of the great conditions.  With the fat bike world championships coming up
in Crested Butte, this will likely be a pretty well-attended event.

Finally, the *New Mexico Cup / Low O2 Challenge* at Enchanted Forest (Red
River) will be January 30-31.  There will be 10km / 5km classic
(traditional style) xc ski races on Satuday, the 30th, plus the USSSA
snowshoe races.  Sunday will be the 15km / 5km freestyle (skate) ski
races.  The ski races will only be $5, plus the cost of trail pass and any
rentals.

http://www.enchantedforestxc.com/