[NMCycling] Pay attention, lock your bikes up

Kris Hardy via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue May 30 12:44:12 MDT 2017

I've been sitting on the sidelines, so sorry if this question has been
addressed.  Why can't we do anything about it?  Are the cops not
cooperating?  What do they need in order to cooperate?  Would they
cooperate in a sting operation if we put tracking devices on a couple bikes?

(Let's not discuss the technical issues of tracking bikes, as designing
& building these kinds of devices are what I do for my work.  I'm
curious entirely about the personal issues as to why these thefts
haven't been stopped yet.)

Thanks!

-Kris