[NMCycling] Beginner race at the TNC

hawke morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Jun 16 09:33:26 MDT 2018

Racers:
I am working on making the crits a little more beginner friendly. If you are a beginner crit rider, a womens rider, or know one please help me spread the word about this. We are doing a C race next week with a little clinic before.

A and B racers, please consider riding the C race as an informal coach.
The women will also be racing in the C race. If you prefer, we will give you a separate start.  We just had a couple of women that I can remember last week on 6-12, and the lead woman, Elisa Woody, who is no slouch, was still off the group in the mens Bs.  (I know this because so was I, sigh.)

Notes on the C race:
I am going to do a mini clinic and talk about crit racing for a few minutes before the C race, starting at 5:45PM. Just gather at the start line. More experienced riders can just line up at 6PM. I will also answer questions. I will try to cover the basics and then something a little different each Tuesday. I will try ti have a brief question session after the C race. We will do 5 tempo laps, but the last one will be a little faster. If you are men 50+ or a cat 5 and can hang in the Bs for at least half the race, I am going to ask you to ride with them. You or any other A or B rider are welcome to ride around with the C racers, maybe give them some pointers, show them lines through corners, or even give them a wheel to sit on if they are off the back. You get a warm up and also help someone out.

Info at bcdracing.com/cycling

yourstruly at fastmail.com