[NMCycling] Bike theft questions

Darrell Armstrong via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Mar 7 07:31:19 MST 2018

Here's an example of chain that's through hardened and much more difficult
to cut than case-hardened chain, where the hardening depth is at most about
1.5 mm. This company also has a lock that's difficult to defeat. I own some
of this chain and the lock, but unfortunately it's very heavy and not
really practical to carry on the bike.

https://www.1st-chainsupply.com/chain/security_maxx/FAQ.htm

Watch the video review to get an idea of what a thief would need to defeat
this chain.

The thieves got my old Madone in front of Jubilation one year ago. I wish
something could be done about them.

Darrell