[NMCycling] Stava’s Fitness & Freshness Chart

newmexicosportsonline via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri May 18 10:44:44 MDT 2018

Interesting – Stava’s Fitness & Freshness Chart

Before Training Data/Software I never really knew how I could ride my bike consistently for 9 months, in any conditions, then one day have Zero Desire to even look at my bike. The bike would remain a dust collector for months and then magically one day I’d wake up and it was game-on again.

Just the other day I noticed Strava’s Fitness & Freshness chart. By default it just displays a few weeks at a time and didn’t really see the relevance. What does a 65 fitness and 45 Fatigue mean? (I want 100 fitness and 0 fatigue 😊)

Anyway, the magic came when I expanded the chart to 1 year and then I could see a very clear pattern emerging. Very interesting how the data helps explain the mental effect of training and a bodies mandatory recover time after a peak (even though your brain is demanding you should be riding).

If you haven’t seen the Fitness & Freshness Chart check it out.

If any coaches want to chime in on what the Fitness and Fatigue numbers mean and what you should be looking for would be cool.

Anyway, here’s a very interesting chart for the last year with some clearly marked peaks and valleys. Hopefully this current valley won’t be a death valley. 😊

Also, after each peak you can see I try to give one last ditch effort to go hard but my mind finally says, “Your done. Go back and watch TV loser”.

P Remember to get outside and play today!