[NMCycling] HB 192 5-Feet To Pass Bicycles

David P via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Jan 30 07:33:55 MST 2019

Let's look at Old Pecos Trail, for instance since you are in SF, The
south end has a nice shoulder (technically illegal to ride/drive on-
which is posted as a bike lane) it tapers down to about fifteen feet
wide as it nears the Round House,  that leave 5 feet more or less for 2
way auto travel. Who's gonna win that battle? I'm not against this law
at all, just saying the State is not going to reconfigure all roads to
suit a minority group, despite the good intentions.

DP

On 1/30/2019 6:26 AM, Brian Kreimendahl wrote:
> David:
> Hi, HB 192 does not require any reconfiguration of roadways.  Don’t
> know where you got that.
> As you’ll read here, https://imgur.com/9oHPC9L , the exact same Bill
> (then SB 124) passed all assigned committees and both houses in the
> legislature in 2011 but was then vetoed by Governor Martinez.
> Hope this helps!
> Best regards,
> Brian Kreimendahl
> For Bike Santa Fe
> Santa Fe, New Mexico

Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM. 505-352-1378 My World go here: WWW.PORTERBIKES.COM/

---
https://www.avg.com