[NMCycling] Zia Rides Online "Solo Distancing" Games - sign up

Seth Bush elcapitan at ziarides.com
Wed Apr 1 17:22:09 MDT 2020

Hey all,

Zia Rides is putting together a fun online and ongoing “competition” that
we are calling the “Solo Distancing” Games. Basically, it’s an on-going
weekly competition with some sort of goal or arbitrary requirement,
accomplishment, etc. The easy ones are most miles, biggest ride, most
climbing, most rides, etc. But, we plan to try to be creative and have fun
with it with things like best ride photo, best trail dog, best ride with
the kids, etc. It's going to change every week. So who knows what we might
do?

We are using all of our usual solo categories and some weeks there will be
category prizes. Other weeks, the prize might go to the top overall
performer for the accomplishment. Prizes will be provided by season
sponsors like REI, Squirt, Giant/Liv, Osprey, Orange Seal, ESI Grips,
Hammer, Cyclemania, etc. We will also throw in some Zia Rides swag and
probably some free entries for big accomplishments.

Every week we are going to do updates, shout-outs, and other fun stuff. I
am even bringing “The Voice” Josh Maule, our announcer along for the ride.
He’ll be recording videos and hopefully making it feel like an event worth
following and taking part in.

People can road ride, use a trainer, or, mtb, and compete from anywhere in
the world. It’s not a race, because we want you to be safe out there. The
goal is to keep people riding and motivated during all of this craziness
while also having fun.

We are only going to charge $20 for it, and you only sign up once because
it will be ongoing competition until we can start holding events again. So,
once you are in, that's it.

You must sign up on BikeReg and then join our club on Strava to be eligible
to compete.

Sign up at: https://www.bikereg.com/zia-rides-online
AND, sign up on Strava: https://www.strava.com/clubs/ziarides

For more info: https://ziarides.com/event/solo_distancing/