[NMCycling] Virtual La Tierra Torture Race

Brent Bonwell brent at bonwell.org
Mon Aug 31 08:59:37 MDT 2020

The Core Crew isn't going to be able to put on a "live" La Tierra
Torture race this year so we're going virtual!  We want to give you a
reason to put in a hard ride and see who's been staying fit. Your
registration fee will help Glorieta Camps build over 6 miles of new
trails that will hopefully be part of future races and make for fun
riding anytime!

Full details below and on the Registration page
<https://www.bikereg.com/virtual-la-tierra-torture>.

With live racing season likely to be non-existent for the rest of 2020.
The CORE Crew has a alternative event starting August 30th, 2020. Please
consider participating in the 2020 Virtual La Tierra Torture, all
proceeds will go to Glorieta Camps for their trail program. At present,
they are actively building new trails for all of us to enjoy.
Registration is only 20 dollars.
https://www.bikereg.com/virtual-la-tierra-torture  Use this event as
motivation to ride and push your limits while supporting a great trail
system.

This is a mountain bike event so please use a mountain bike for your
ride(s). You pick the time and trails for your ride. This is necessary
for our handicap system to be as fair as possible. This event is going
to be a little different in that there are only going to be 3
categories, 1 hour, 2 hours and 3 hours. Please read the event notes on
the registration page for the specific parameters for each category. We
will use a handicap system to equalize age group results. This is the
same system used in the TransPortugal 8 day mountain bike race. You will
need to enter Male or Female and your age category so we can make the
handicap adjustments for you.

Just like the actual race, you can keep pushing all the way to the end,
or decide if you've had enough before then. You will keep track of your
mileage and elevation climbed.  We will then handicap your results using
the following formula: Female 14%, M & F Over 40 years of age, 41-45,
2%; 46-50, 5%; 51-55, 9%; 56-60, 14%; 61-65, 19%; 66-69, 24%; 70+, 30%.
For example if a female is 55 her handicap is 23%.  It sounds
complicated, but we will do all the math for you.  Please make sure to
send us your results as soon as you complete the challenge. When sending
us your results include the name you registered for this event with,
your age, sex and contact email so we can communicate with you if
necessary. We have made the following form for you which includes this
vital information. Please submit your results by midnight October 5th, 2020.

Results form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPVPTmOPDOi0LMECvsvdz7fNvPyXPx1rplO6B_Zsja3Kmc5A/viewform?usp=sf_link

Have fun, be safe and remember you are riding for a good cause: your
continued good health and the Glorieta Camps trails.

To register go to: https://www.bikereg.com/virtual-la-tierra-torture

Thanks for signing up!

The CORE Crew