[NMCycling] Sheriff's ride?

hawke morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Mar 9 11:02:56 MDT 2020

Bike-racers:

I sent the below email out in June of 2019 and it seems like someone got back to me about a contact for the Sheriff's ride, but I can't find the email.  I found contact info for the Reaper and Lobo rides.

Thanks,

yourstruly at fastmail.com

Bike-racers:

I have been working on updating the nmcycling.org group rides page.  There are three rides in the Albuquerque area for which I don't have any contact.  This would be The Reaper, The Lobo Ride, and the Sheriff's Ride.  The Sheriff's Ride has a FB page but it has not been updated in about 18 months.

Imagine that a new rider, or someone who is going to be in town for just a few days, wants to do a group ride.  They have no way of knowing if these rides are even happening.  I get an email about every two weeks asking about rides.  I am not a good person to ask as I do not really do many group road rides.

So fist of all, can anyone help me out as whether The Reaper or Sheriff's Ride are even happening anymore.  The Lobo is, I did it the other day.  A friend said that there were a few reapers this spring.  I was out for Phil Neis' ATM ride a few weeks ago, which started at the same time and place as the Sheriff's Ride and I did not see another group ride going out.  Maybe some are more spring only rides?

Second, would anyone be willing to step up and be the contact person for one of these rides.  Ideally a couple per ride would be good.  I could put some language like: "This person is not responsible for, nor do they organize this ride, but they occasionally attend and are a good contact to ask if the ride is happening."  Just an email contact, not a phone number would be ok.  I could even hide the email behind a relay service through my email.  It is unpleasant to show up for a ride as an out-of-towner and find that the ride no longer exists.  I have done this.

Outside of Albuquerque, does anyone know of a group ride (road or MTB) in Roswell, Farmington, or Gallup?  Or maybe a ride message boards like they have in Silver?  Or even someone in a club that organizes occasional rides who could give me an email to put up on the page?

Thank you,

yourstruly at fastmail.com