[NMCycling] NM Bicycle Shops listed as essential businesses

Mark Aasmundstad bikeyogi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 17:14:23 MDT 2020

Dear Bike Community,

I am asking New Mexico's Governor to add Bicycle Shops as essential
businesses allowed to stay open during this health emergency.  There is a
form you can fill out and submit to tell our Governor Bicycle Shops are
essential.  Takes less than one minute.  https://p2a.co/KN3VqYX

Also Las Cruces Representative Angelica Rubio would like to contact the
Governor's legal team on the bicycle community's behalf.  She was asking if
there is a bicycle shop collective or industry association that could speak
for all of our retailers and/or bicycle repair businesses statewide.  Does
anyone know if such an organization or representative exists?  If not we
can organize one if it is feasible, or individual shops could write in, or
we could organize by region. Representative Rubio thought it would be most
effective to make our case in a group.

Most states have been successful getting bicycle repair shops listed as
essential businesses.  Let us know your ideas, or you can email me offlist
at bikeyogi at gmail.com

Thank you,
Mark

Mark Aasmundstad
*Southwest Bike Initiative*
*Sustainable transportation planning, design and education*
P: 505-985-1169 | bikeinitiative.org
Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.
[image: lci signature 2020_v1 LCI.jpg]