[NMCycling] NM Bicycle Shops listed as essential businesses

Mark Aasmundstad bikeyogi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:01:15 MDT 2020

According to the League of American Bicyclists:

on March 28, the Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and
Infrastructure Security Agency updated its guidance
<https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidance-essential-critical-infrastructure-workforce>
on
the essential workforce to include:

   - "Employees supporting personal and commercial transportation services
   – including taxis, delivery services, vehicle rental services, *bicycle
   maintenance* and car-sharing services, and transportation network
   providers;" and
   - "*Employees who repair and maintain* vehicles, aircraft, rail
   equipment, marine vessels, *bicycles*, and the equipment and
   infrastructure that enables operations that encompass movement of cargo and
   passengers."

https://bikeleague.org/content/federal-guidance-says-bike-shops-essential-covid-coronavirus

I forwarded this on to Representative Rubio, who is liaising with the
Governor's Office, and CABQ.  The Bike League is offering a webinar on this
at 4:30pm E.T. Tuesday, March 31

Thank you,
Mark
Mark Aasmundstad
*Southwest Bike Initiative*
*Sustainable transportation planning, design and education*
P: 505-985-1169 | bikeinitiative.org
Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.