[NMCycling] CX series and signup for Sunday.

hawke morgan yourstruly at fastmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:41:38 MDT 2020

Bike Racers,

If you are coming out to the race Sunday please sign up by tonight at midnight if possible.
link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-zOA6gPEBoeKM1T6qQEuzItBgOiIwdyUaf0CepE512bS6zw/viewform

I had a few thoughts on the cross series in general.  First, as far as I can see, we are pretty much within the rules that the state has for us.

It is kind of a pain racing in masks, but the way I think of it is that this is the way it may be for a while.  We could be under these same restrictions a year from now.  I do not see an end to this in sight.

Cylocross is pretty safe, I spent almost all my race last week riding with just one other rider, usually not very close, and both of us had masks.  There is no peloton really, and the biggest group is at the start.  We will not start in groups larger than 10.  One of the riders said something that I thought was a good point, which was that no currently sick person is going to be racing, whereas at the post office or Smiths, you could have someone sick and symptomatic right next to you in line.  Obviously you could have someone asymptomatic and unaware of that fact at the race, no one can control that.

We had about 10 riders last week, which was cool, but it would be cooler to have 20. I am not asking anyone to take risks that they are uncomfortable with, but it is cool to actually be racing, even with some new rules and hindrances.

Hope you can make it out.  Info if you are interested is at bcdracing.com.

Thanks

Hawke

yourstruly at fastmail.com