[NMCycling] FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: passing unannounced

Chryssa Charalambides chryssac at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 14:10:40 MDT 2021

Fair point. But if you announce before hand, the person in front will move over to give you that wiggle room.
Chryssa

    On Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 12:03:31 PM MDT, Chandler Spears via Bike-racers <bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:

I’m certainly pro-bell/ notice, but seems to me the primary cause of the accident was d-head’s in ability to steer a wide berth. Passing wide enough to account for possible changes in the other rider’s direction of travel is the courtesy that matters most. It’s fine that you want to advocate for notice, but you should lobby louder for passing with plenty of wiggle room.

Chandler Spears

Portfolio Manager

Davis Selected Advisers, L.P.

505.820.3033