[NMCycling] NMES: Santa Fe Big Friggin Loop

Rich Capener red55jedi at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 31 08:01:21 MDT 2024

When: September 21
Yes it's back but different. A big thank you to Matt Sweeney for putting this together.
Mixed media endurance ride of ~60 miles and 7k ft of climbing. This is not the 12+ hour BFL sufferfests of yesteryear. This is an approachable loop around some of the different riding areas of Santa Fe and includes a spectrum of different riding environments. It is somewhat inspired by the ABQ BFL, which people seem to like. That said, I still think it is a mountain bike ride and you will want at least a hardtail mtb. Try it on drop bars if you want, but you'll be walking down Atalaya. If people don't dig it we can certainly go back to suffering in the woods all day together next year or add a longer version.

http://nm-es.weebly.com/santa-fe-big-friggin-loop.html

Rich