[Hhsband] minutes from band booster meeting 11-29-16

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Fri Dec 2 17:56:08 MST 2016

Hello all - here are minutes from Tuesday's meeting.

*December 3^rd .Twinkle Light Parade*

*2:00pm*. Kids and parents meet at band room.Parents help set up
spaghetti dinner.Then all drive down to parking spots near UNM.This way
cars will be near UNM when the band is done marching so that we can
easily load up the kids and bring them back to the band room.

*2:00-3:30*. Kids will meet at band room, eat, warm up and decorate
themselves with lights.

*3:30*. Band lines up for the parade.Possibly some parents will go at
3:30 to check in for the band so that the band doesn’t get so cold
waiting for the parade to start.

*5:15* parade steps off.Highland Marching Band is 7^th in the
line-up.Since band is early in the line-up, the parade time will be
around 1-1.5 hours.When they reach UNM, kids will load up in cars and
drive back to the band room.

Mike, Mary and Tim will provide spaghetti, garlic bread, salad and hot
beverages for the kids and parents that volunteer.

All parents that are accompanying the kids on the march need to be
dressed in lights as well.

*What to have your kids bring:*lights (enough to string around
themselves and their instruments), safety pins to attach the lights to
their clothing, twist ties to attach lights to instruments, santa hats
or any other holiday hat attire.They should be completely lit up with as
much holiday attire as they can layer on themselves.Remember it is going
to be really cold on Saturday so make sure they are dressed warmly!

*December 8.Thursday.Winter Concert—HHS cafeteria at 6pm*

*5:00pm.* Kids come to the cafeteria to help move all the tables and
decorate the cafeteria.Elaine will bring tablecloths.We need someone to
bring green crepe paper (let Mary know if you can do this)

*5:00pm*. Parents bring the food and help set up the food area.If you
are bringing anything that needs to be warm, make sure that you bring it
warm already.Not enough time to warm things up.

Food will be for sale.This isn’t a fundraiser—food will be priced so
that we can pay for the food, but not necessarily make a profit from it.
People will buy tickets at a separate table.Each station will have a
sign above stating how many tickets are needed to buy food.

Posole—Denise

Nachos-Mary and Tim

Pizza- Teresa

Green Chile Stew—Melecia and Frank

*What kids need to bring:desserts and drinks, holiday decorations for
the cafeteria*.

We will have the 50/50 raffle.Mary will bring the tickets for this.Each
ticket will be $1.00.The winner will be picked at the end of the
night.Whoever wins will win 50% of the ticket sales.The band boosters
will get the other 50%.Winner need not be present to win.

*Update on Band Trip.March 31-April 2.Durango. CO*

Contracts for the hotel and bus are in place.Bus will be paid for
through Ms G’s Activities Funds.Hotel will be paid for by Boosters