[Hhsband] Band Booster meeting Tuesday 10/4/16 7pm

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Sat Oct 1 20:52:39 MDT 2016

Since the band will be practicing Tuesday evening until 7:30, I thought
it would be safe to have a band booster meeting at the PAC around 7pm.
We'll meet in the front so we don't disrupt the practice.

Please attend if you possible can. We tried to arrange this to match up
with picking up band students.

Things we will discuss:

Car Pooling for the upcoming competitions - Saturday 10/15 Los Lunas;
Saturday 10/22 Wilson Stadium (Pageant of Bands); Tuesday 10/25 APS
Marching Performance Assessment (5 - 9 pm).  I'll get current
performance times from Ms G.

POB - tickets (are available for sale and you can get them Tuesday night
$6 each) - they will be $10 at the door day of POB and most everyone has
to have a ticket.

POB - volunteer jobs and schedule

POB - presale of pictures -  the prices are reduced if we have met our
quota for pre-sales (POB reps will tell us the particulars) they will
also have individual pictures or groups available this year.

POB - anything else we need to discuss.

Other items:

Thank you so much for everyone's help Friday night. We had more than
enough volunteers - it helps to spread the work. I just wish we had more
color guard and drum instructor help for Ms G. - Let's work on this for
next year.

The show is coming together and starting to look really good. It was the
first time we had the large props on the field and getting things on and
off the field went well.  We will be refining a few of the props to make
getting them on the field a little easier. It was great to see some of
our band color guard alum back and thanks for helping on the field.

During the evening I watched Ms G dancing and energizing our band in the
stands and in the tunnel before performance. Ms G - thank you for your
energy, drive and inspiration to the band and all of us parents. You are
truly our Highland Wizard extraordinaire.

Hope to see all you parents Tuesday 7 pm

Go Hornets