[Hhsband] Notes from 10/4/16 Booster Meeting

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Tue Oct 4 21:13:26 MDT 2016

October 4, 2016  Band Boosters Meeting

Upcoming Events:

     This Thursday 10/6/16 7 pm Milne stadium against West Mesa. Truck
the pinball flippers this week. Because 10/14 game is cancelled (see
below) this will be the final stadium practice before Valencia.

     October 14th Football game - is cancelled. This is an away game and
due to the home team's homecoming events we can not play pre-game.

> Oct 15^th Valencia Marching Band Competition (Los Lunas)
>
> Band leaves from school at 4:45.  Need car pool parents. No band
> students will be allowed to drive. So we will send out a HHSband email
> again asking for updated parents who can drive, etc. We will provide
> maps and suggest that parents caravan - it is very easy to get lost
> going out to the high school.
>
> Band drop off is 5:50.  Band plays at 6:30
>
> Food taken care of by Jessica, Elaine, John and Kathy.  Mike will take
> care of drinks.  Need to have hummus.  Need to make sure that any pork
> meat is kept separate from other foods. Perhaps hot chocolate?
>
> Students will eat sandwiches before or on the way to Valencia. We will
> have snacks for them after performance, similar to football games.

Make sure band students take warm clothes (parents too) night at
Valencia gets windy and cold.

> October 22  Pagent of Bands (POB)  Wilson Stadium
>
> Band leaves PAC at 9:30 am.  Need car pool parents. No band students
> will be allowed to drive. So we will send out a HHSband email again
> asking for updated parents who can drive, etc. We will provide maps to
> where our parking lot space is and where to park car pool cars.
> _Remember we will also need to transport kids back at the end of the day._
>
> Band warms up at 10:30 and plays at 11:15
>
> Denise, Elizabeth and Mike will be there early to reserve band spot in
> parking lot
>
>             See more about POB below
>
> October 25^th APS Marching Performing Assessment (Milne Stadium)
>
> Tuesday evening from 5-9pm  Ms. G will try to have the band play early
>
> Need 10 parents/students to stay at the end and clean up the stadium
>
> Need parents to car pool
>
> Food?  TBD
>
> October 28^th Halloween Football Game.  Everyone, parents included,
> dresses up in costumes for this
>                                    game. If students do not dress up
> Ms G gets to decide what their costume will be.
>
> November 11, 12, 13.   Fundraiser at Barnes and Noble.  Anne will
> organize this.  Will need parents to staff table at the event.  Anne
> will coordinate with Ms. G when band will play during the week-end
> (small groups, like we did at Whole Foods fundraiser)
>
> POB Tickets are $6.00 before the event, $10.00 at the door. Send a
> note to me at maryscof at scofie.net if you want tickets we have to have
> the money turned in by 10/19. The Booster can send the check as long
> as folks pay us back.
>
> Pre-order photos  $10 each. One photo for a serious portrait and one
> photo for a fun photo
>
> Elizabeth will send out a pre-order form to parents via email.
> Parents fill out and send back to school to Ms. G.  We need 20 photos
> pre-ordered to get the $10 price.  People can also choose to have
> individual or small group photos.  Pay for those at the time of photo
>

> VOLUNTEERS: Need to have 14 parents volunteer for time slots at POB.
> These volunteer positions include checking in bands, monitoring gates,
> helping to line bands up for the final and other positions.  Mary will
> send out a schedule of time slots for the day.  Please look at these
> time slots, volunteer for one or more of the time slots and email Mary
> back with your choice.  HHS gets money for these volunteer positions
> to offset the cost of attending POB.
>

> Food. Dawn will take care of food. Powdrell’s BBQ will provide the
> meat, buns, baked beans, and potato salad and have it there by 11:30.
> We will bring salad as well.  Dawn will make sure that there is fruit
> for later on in the afternoon.

                 Twinkle Light Parade - December 3rd. Everyone and thing
needs to have lights/decorations on them. the battery powered lights are
already available at Walmart -