[Hhsband] this week in the band boosters

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Mon Oct 16 20:47:34 MDT 2017

If you want to see the video from Saturday:  Youtube - search for
Josephine Gonzales first video up.

I got together with Ms G today:

Thursday  (10/19) Football at Community Stadium.  This is a pre-game
show. Truck load at report time for students.  We need to make sure
students know how to load the truck, as they will be loading Friday
morning after class.

Friday (10/20) I've only got 26 of 68 covered. Students can take some,
*but I need more parents!!! * We leave from PAC at 2:30, we won't have
time to come back for more students. Rehearsal at Wilson ends 5pm, will
return students at that time.

Saturday (10/21): We will feed students bagels and cream cheese/peanut
butter at the PAC around 8:30

Truck loading at student report time.    Students will be picked up at
10 by the one bus. We will transport the colorguard and a few extras by
car - probably around 15 students. Please let me know if you can
transport students. Other cars will be needed for uniform bags and hat
boxes.

If you have students drop off is the Lomas entrance of Manzano. There is
limited parking in the truck parking area - maybe four cars. Please make
this for colorguard transport vehicles. If you have uniforms please park
nearby either on the Chelwood Park street or  in the large parking lot
just north of the band truck parking.   I will need a few folks to help
to quickly unload instruments and flags and then reload cases.
Percussion unload is at the performance area like Valencia. Performance
is a timed event - so I need the parents who have been helping on the
field again.

We are going to have subway sandwiches for them and parents at our
standard truck parking spot (Mike G - can you stake that out for us?)
after the performance.  We will want snacks, etc for them later in the
day. I need an inventory of what's left of chips, etc from Saturday so
we can replenish.  I need someone who can go over to Subway around the
corner from Manzano right after the performance to get the subway order.
The food has already been paid for.

If you have uniform bags, etc in your car the students will drop
performance jackets/hats off during the afternoon. They will need them
again for mass march-on at around 4PM, Ms G will advise the kids/parents
at lunch.

If you are a nurse/doc and can attend the final show at 4:30 - please
call me at 903-2971. First caller gets the gig. I'd like have someone on
the field with the students to monitor them - they tend to start
fainting from heat and locking their knees.

BRING SUNSCREEN and Head covers