[Hhsband] Friday Football game logistics

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Wed Sep 27 16:46:43 MDT 2017

If you are going to the football game and can again help please let me
know. Last week was awesome we had 21 parents to help. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you had fun.

Only problem was that we are limited to 15 vests.  So if you want to
help again please come to the PAC about 5:15 (if you helped load the
band truck and want to help again please come about 5) the first 15 will
get the vests once we get to Wilson stadium.  The rest will need to go
through the front gate and pay the $3 ticket cost.  We are playing
Volcano Vista.

Those who helped transport large instruments, percussion stands,
harnesses and flags your help would be appreciated again (so please come
around 5).  We will also need to transport the boxes with plumes and
gantlets. I've been told that we have should have our band truck back by
the end of next week (10/6) - that should eliminate the need for extra
cars to transport equipment.

There is also a folding cart and water jugs and cups that will need to
get to the stadium and back.  We can get water at the stadium. If
someone would like to bring snacks that would also be great.  We have
around 68 kids - something small for the bus ride.  Fruit snacks, trail
mix packets, please let me know.

The game is at Wilson stadium, which is located on the east side of
Manzano's campus. Chelwood Park Blvd NE and Lomas Blvd.  The students
will again be bused. We had a few students who either walked home or
took late night city buses, we would like to make sure they get home
safely, so if you have had a background check done and could stay to
help transport students home after we get back to the PAC I'd appreciate it.

Rain - if it happens, we have some towels to dry the bleachers, more is
always good (maybe stick some old ones in your car) we also have black
trash bags to make quick rain ponchos. I'd bring rain coats for parents,
guests.

We are getting close to competition time, so I'll be sending out quite a
few email, by topic.