[Neighbors] ART

Susan Michie via Neighbors_nobhill-nm neighbors_nobhill-nm at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 22 10:44:35 MST 2016

There is a lot of information floating around the community about the ART bus rapid transit project. Some of it is not very valid. I am not an expert on Bus Rapid Transit systems, but a retail expert chosen by Nob Hill Main Street made four recommendations for improving business climate on Central in Nob Hill: calm traffic, widened sidewalks, clean-up the street scape, and create a better mix of retail to restaurants. The ART in Nob Hill is designed to provide the first three. In any case, before you decide if the ART will be good or bad for businesses and the community as a whole, you may want to read the attached letter from the city to al least hear both sides of the argument. The attached letter is long and may require more time than usual to download
One last thought...if businesses struggle to make it on Central, why would we want to keep it the same?
Susan